Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Dawn’s Top Tip – This delicious family meal can be prepared in less than half an hour. Prefect for a busy week days when tummies are empty and time is tight. Excellent source of iron, without the troublesome calories!
200g Beef (choose cut suitable for stir-frying)
1/2 Brown Onion, chopped
1/2 broccoli head, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Light Soy Sauce*
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce*
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil*
Dash of Pepper*
1/2 Tbsp Black Bean Sauce
1 tsp Cornflour mixed with 100ml Water
1. Slice beef thinly, across the grain.
2. Tenderize the beef slices with a meat mallet.
3. Add seasoning ingredients* to the beef slices and mix well
4. Heat a small amount of cooking oil in a wok. Stir-fry onions, garlic and broccoli pieces.
5. When fragrant, add in the black bean sauce and stir for 30 seconds.
6. Add beef and stir-fry. Keep the ingredients moving with a flat wooden spatula.
7. When beef is almost cooked, add the cornflour mixture and stir until sauce is thick.
8. Remove from heat & serve with basmati rice.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Dietwise is ICO registered for your secure data protection
Health Care Professions
Health Care Professions Council